simple me

Saturday, March 21, 2009

True friends are like diamonds

If my school permits, I would be going to Japan for my 6 mths overseas internship. I can't believe it when my dad told me his jap friend called to say I could work in his company and he is willing to pay me the staff salary which my dad declined, saying that I only needed some allowance.

Earlier I told my dad that the school would most likely post me to OCBC bank in Shanghai, and I don like it, firstly, because since the start of my 7 wks internship at DBS, I hate working in banks. The working environment is too serious and boring, and secondly, because food in China is quite unhygenic. So my dad sent a card to his old jap fren asking him if i could work in his company.

My dad got to know him when he was posted to work in Japan 20 yrs ago before I was borned. He was a good host, bringing my mom & dad all ard Japan and because he likes mixing with foreigners, he learnt how to speak English so my parents could converse with him. Now 20 yrs later, they still send greeting cards to each other during Christmas.

I din expect his fren to really employ me, i tot he would just give an excuse or pretend my dad never asked. Its for 6 mths, and given the current economic condition, it would be a drain on his resources. Besides, I don know Japanese so I dunno how I can be of value to his company. Also, being my dad's fren, he would feel obliged to bring me ard Japan and keep me company in the weekends. It'll be a hassle for him and his family and I'm afriad I might be intruding their privacy.

I din expect their friendship to be so deep, after all, it was 20 yrs ago and although his jap friend speaks english, its only at elementary level, and they still have difficulty communicating with each other . My dad told me that alhough they live far apart and only send an occasional greeting card, they are true friends, and he noe his jap fren would defintitely agree to employ me.

This is the kind of friendship I see in HK dramas, and thats probably one reason why I like watching these dramas. The friends which go thru thick and thin tgt, with whom u dare to speak ur mind, and u know they would always support u no matter wat, even when it inconvenienced them. True frens are like diamonds, they r few but valuable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home